What if you knew of a supernatural portal into His presence, into heaven itself? What if, like a superhero, you had your own “Secret Citadel” where you could meet with your Father, and He would empower you to face any difficulty and win?
Jesus has already told you where your portal to God’s presence is. He called it the Secret Place. Matthew 6:6. He said go there, because that’s where the Father is.
And He even told you the pathway into this portal: Go into your room and shut the door.
It’s as simple as that—your own “Fortress of Solitude.” You may not feel like a superhero, but the Secret Place is where you are renewed and empowered to face your archenemy head on and win. Skip that time with your Father, and you’ll crash and burn. Matthew 7:24-27.
And in case you’re still not sure how to have a truly intimate and life-changing encounter with your Power Source in the Secret Place, Jesus has already shown you the way. Matthew 6:9-15.
• Worship Him. (v 9)
• Surrender to His will, His love, His heart. (v 10)
• Trust Him to supply all your needs. (v 11)
• Admit your sins and ask His forgiveness. (v 12)
• Forgive that person who did that awful thing to you. (v 12, 14-15)
• Look for God’s paths during every trial and walk that way, so you don’t end up on the enemy’s. (v 13a)
• Bare your heart before God, so he can set you free from discouragement, loneliness, anger, frustration, failure, pride, dissension, fear, or whatever else the enemy has snared you with. (v 13b)
“And the God of all grace… will Himself restore you and make you strong.” 1 Peter 5:10
“But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the Secret Place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you… Whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the Rock: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the Rock. But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall.” Matthew 6:6; 7:24-27 (NKJV)